- When: During any 10am Sunday worship service, barring exceptional or life-threatening circumstances.
- Who: People of all ages - infants, children and adults
- How: By placing a small amount of water on the head and through the laying-on of hands.
- How Much: There is no fee for being baptized.
- Getting Started: Contact the pastor, and send in the form for baptisms.
“Through baptism we are incorporated into the ongoing history of Christ’s mission,
and we are identified and made participants in God’s new history in Jesus Christ
and the new age that Christ is bringing.”
- By Water and the Spirit: A United Methodist Understanding of Baptism
- Where: Inside or outside the church
- Who: Anyone interested in a Christian ceremony (You do not need to be United Methodist)
- How Much: Honorariums for non-members are listed on our wedding form
- Other Requirements: Minimum of 3 sessions with the pastor
- Getting Started: Contact the pastor, and send in the form for weddings
The wedding ceremony represents a divinely-blessed covenant between the bride and groom, the community of faith, relatives, friends, and our ever-loving God. Through the covenant of Christian marriage, two people choose to dedicate their lives to each other with love as they live out their faith.
As such, Christ’s universal Church stands ready to recognize those who choose to make this commitment through the institution of marriage.
- Where: Inside or outside the church, and at the graveside
- Who: Anyone interested in a Christian ceremony
- How Much: Voluntary honorarium for the pastor
- Getting Started: Contact the pastor, and send in the form for funerals/memorials
The passing of a loved one brings with it the intersection of grief and faith. We are assured by the Scriptures that those who die in Christ are also raised with Christ, and this brings us great joy. Nonetheless, their physical absence is also frequently troubling, leaving behind a sense of emptiness that can linger. Funerals and memorials are occasions to honor those who have transitioned from one life to the next, and to provide support and closure until a heavenly reunion can be found.
*Note: The above services are traditional in style, but are adaptable to suit the situation or person at the discretion of the pastor.